- The global internet penetration rate is 59.5 percent (As of Sep 10, 2021)
- Active Social Media Users globally 4.2 Billion (2021)
- Active Mobile Internet Users globally 4.32 Billion (2021)Active Mobile Social Media Users globally 4.15 Billion (2021)
- Bangladesh has ranked 135th out of 137 countries in the word in a recent report of Ookla, a global platform that measures internet speed.
- Bangladesh ranks 58th in the world in terms of broadband internet price.
- First internet service provider in Bangladesh- Internet Services Network (ISN)
Share this Image On Your Site
|Year||Total Global User (in million)||Change in Total Global User (in million)||Total Bangladeshi User (in million)||Bangladesh Mobile User (in million)||Change in Total Bangladeshi User (in million)||Change in Bangladeshi Mobile User (in million)|
Over the last seven years till 2021, the Internet user uplifted at a decreasing rate and reached 128.78 million total users at a CAGR of 15.54%. In line with that, mobile internet users also moved in the same direction and reached 118.71 million at a CGAR of 14.95%.
In the last seven years, Although the recent global internet penetration growth dropped, it increased at a pace of CAGR 8.52% and reached 4.9 billion in 2021.